Shifting from merely interative to truly innovative
Intentionally Mining Emergent Spaces for Revolutionary Ideas
Here we are exploring a Cycle of Emergence: A collaborative, creative process that leads to collective wisdom.
With the understanding that there's something uniquely human about recognizing patterns, co-creation is a practice that has always been essential to the human experience. As our world gets more chaotic and unknown with the disintegration of our known systems and climate, the Cycle of Emergence can provides us with a sole reference point.
So, Let's explore more about how this Cycle works so we can intentionally create ideal environments for innovation, learn to replicate the process at scale, and mine our learnings for success. We need humanity at its best - creative, innovative, and collaborative - and The Cycle of Emergence will assist us in being out best so that together we can be better prepared to meet the challenges ahead.
Definition of Emergence (Wiki) -
"Goldstein initially defined emergence as: 'the arising of novel and coherent structures, patterns and properties during the process of self-organization in complex systems.'"
Conditions for Innovation
The Cycle of Emergence
To codify the conditions of our evolution towards our emergent future & greater wisdom
- started 24 March 2022 -
Incorporating this axis into the Tapestry
Leading Questions to Guide Us:
What might we be missing?
Is that the only viable answer?
What does < that > make possible?
Does anyone have an alternative perspective?
Where along the Cycle do I most like to be?
What stage of the Cycle is the project I'm working on?
A fractal of
Capturing a more linear and detailed view of the first stage, written from the perspective of group facilitators or leaders who are creating and holding the space.
- emerged December 2022 -
Creating a fractal for each stage.
Reflecting on how creating connects us with all life
An Early Detection System
- emerged July 6, 2022 -
**Cycle of Emergence STAGE 1**
We are being called to practice making the unseen seen by noticing the slightest change in vibration. We are practicing discerning and feeling into the subtle shifts, so that we can notice emerging patterns sooner. We can learn to "see" them coming from farther down the road, when ...
Calling for balance of co-creative energies
- emerged 29 April 2022 -
**Cycle of Emergence STAGE 1 & 2**
Last week, for the first time, ever in my life, I experienced a work call where women were given the floor to speak while the men listened -- that is to say, the men fully witnessed the women as we shifted the...
An Emergent Conversation on 30 Mar 2022
... a flowing, spontaneous conversation between two people who just met: Killu Sanborn and Wendy McLean about...
The Cycles of Co-Creation
Listen to us discuss something a bit new:
* Creating a collaborative vibe - the way a conversation feels - comes from the way we choose to be together, and speaking ‘from’ instead of speaking ‘about’.
* Creating contagious spaces through emerging leadership and emergent conversations.
* The importance of recognizing cycles and establishing feedback loops to best meet and respond to the challenges we face.
* How we might better recognize negative patterns and react to community needs, earlier in the cycle, before a crisis hits.
* Asking new types of questions in evaluating projects, based on their ability to hold space for what’s emerging, to magnify the potential for solving community concerns, or to create efficiencies anywhere along the co-creative cycle.
What else do you hear?